Thanksgiving is a very special time of year, and there are special sounds that come with it! Your hearing allows you to stay connected to the people and things you value most.
While the EarQ staff has a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, our ability to hear is high on our list! We looked back on years past and came up with the top five sounds that make the holidays a little brighter. Check it out!
1. The voices of loved ones. During the holidays, the voices of extended family members echo through the house, filling the rooms with laughter, jokes, and conversation. One of our favorite things to hear are the stories from loved ones, even if we’ve heard them before.
2. The game. One of the most exciting parts of Thanksgiving is football! Your hearing allows you to experience everything, from the kickoff, to your brother yelling spiritedly at the TV next to you.
3. The parade. The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade only happens once a year! With healthy hearing, you can enjoy the sounds of the nation’s top marching bands, Broadway performances, and even tap dancing Christmas trees!
4. The cooking. Bubbling gravy, vegetables being chopped, the creak of the oven door… there are so many delicious sounds to enjoy on Thanksgiving! And of course, there is nothing better than when the Thanksgiving chef yells, "Dinner’s ready!"
5. The Thanksgiving snooze. On a typical day, hearing your uncle snore on the couch may not be one of your favorite sounds, but on Thanksgiving night when everyone is stuffed from dinner and feeling sleepy from the turkey, it’s expected!
Don’t miss out on the sounds of the season! Schedule an appointment with a hearing care professional today!