Have you thought about hearing aids, but are unsure if they would be worth it? Have you tried hearing aids before, but you didn’t feel like they helped? The truth is, hearing aids have changed so much in recent years and when used correctly, they provide life-changing benefits for those who need them. In fact, hearing aids can make you feel happier, more energized, and even younger! Not convinced yet? Check out these eight reasons why you should try hearing aids for 30 days.
- You might discover new sounds or old sounds you don’t hear anymore. During the trial, you might find yourself noticing new sounds or reconnecting to old ones, such as sounds of waves crashing, floors creaking, or the clacking of a keyboard. Maybe you’ll be able to identify what kind of bird chirps outside your window, or hear your loved one’s car rolling down the driveway at the end of the day. Hearing these sounds will brighten up your world!
- 30 days gives you time to acclimate to hearing aids. Hearing aids take time to get accustomed to and patience is key. Some sounds that you didn’t notice before now may be much louder and even frustrating or annoying. However, over time, your ears will adjust and the sounds won’t be as prominent anymore. This study on hearing aid benefits over time shows that if you wear the hearing aids as recommended, it will take about 30 days to determine how they are working for you.
- Hearing aids can improve your relationships. Your daily conversations and interactions will greatly benefit from better hearing and understanding. Better hearing can even improve your relationships and allow you to reconnect with friends and family members. Imagine having a conversation without repeatedly asking, “What?” or “Can you say that again?”
- Better hearing is good for your overall health. Did you know hearing loss is associated with other health conditions such as sleep apnea, obesity, diabetes, stress, and heart disease? In addition to these health conditions, studies show that untreated hearing loss can accelerate dementia, delayed speech recognition, and brain shrinkage. The good news is that hearing aids can lighten your cognitive load and delay the onset of these conditions!
- Hearing aids help you enjoy the activities you once loved. It is common for those with hearing loss to feel socially withdrawn because they cannot interact and communicate like they once did. Hearing aids can help you reconnect to those activities, and do what you love.
- Hearing aids relieve stress. Feeling stressed out? Hearing loss can be frustrating when you’re missing important details or information in conversations with others. Most people have high stress levels when they are unable to follow along in daily interactions, so having hearing amplification can relieve that stress and worry. All it takes is 30 days to see if your stress levels go down!
- There are a number of hearing aid accessories to enhance your experience. During your hearing aid trial, talk to your hearing healthcare provider about supplemental equipment. These devices work with your hearing aids to provide you with the best listening experience possible. Personal listening devices can amplify sound for certain situations like when you are out to dinner or when you are watching television.
There are also alarms and phones specifically made for those with hearing loss. These devices use flashing lights to alert you if someone is at the door or if your phone is ringing. Check out the EarQ.com shop to see a full range of hearing aid accessories.
- Hearing technology is always advancing. Keep in mind that hearing aids are being improved on a regular basis, and the technology is much more advanced than before. Today, hearing aids do more than simply make the audio louder, they actually adjust the sounds in your environment to give you the best listening experience possible.
Not only are hearing aids drastically improving, many are now compatible with your smartphone. Now you can control your hearing aid settings via your smartphone rather than on the actual device itself. Having this technology makes the experience even better!
Remember, when trying hearing aids, it’s common to have some initial frustrations. Just keep in mind that your hearing aids can help, and your hearing healthcare provider is a great resource for any questions you may have. Take the plunge and try hearing aids for 30-days—you deserve it! Schedule an appointment today to get started.