Professional Athletes Foundation & EarQ Scholarship Program
Criteria for Professional Athletes Foundation Student Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity is designed for student athletes with hearing loss who are enrolled or intend to enroll in a university, college, or two-year institution (that does not provide athletic scholarships.) The scholarship rewards student athletes for their non-athletic achievements and assists them in reaching their career goals.
• We will be giving away FIVE scholarships, at $1,000 each!
- Grade Point Average of 2.0 or better
- High school senior – college sophomore status
- Accepted at or enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college or university
- Nominated by a coach or other faculty member
- Participated at the varsity level in athletics for at least one year
- Has not accepted any scholarship funds or grants to participate in college athletics
Criteria for Evaluation
- Career goals
- Nomination by coach
- Academic achievement
- Potential for success
- Leadership and character
- Indication of how athletic competition has aided in personal growth
The following materials should be provided to the Scholarship Committee:
- Coach’s nomination letter
- Application form completed by student and signed by coach and academic advisor
- 500 word essay provided by student
- Academic transcript
- The application must be filled out by the student applicant. Please print or type
- All requirements must be met and all information complete for an application to be considered
- The application form and essay should be given to the coach/nominator who is responsible for seeing that all application materials are forwarded to the superintendent’s office
Scholarship Submission Information
Access and download the scholarship packet here.
Email copy of application to:
Mail hard copy of application to:
701 Erie Blvd. W
Syracuse, NY 13204
The scholarship deadline: June 14, 2019
Call (866) 432-7500 with any questions about the scholarship.